Sample interview questions
- Please introduce yourself to the readers.
- When and how did your interest in astronomy in general, and deep sky observing specifically, start?
- Do you have a favourite type of deep sky object, like star clusters or galaxies or such?
- Can you describe an observing experience that really thrilled you?
- How did you learn to observe?
- Are you a gadget lover?
- What observing equipment do you regularly use?
- Do you have a favourite piece of observing equipment?
- What kind of star charts do you use?
- Do you prefer to observe alone or in a group?
- Are you a member of any deep sky organization?
- How do you prepare for a night's observing?
- How long do your observing sessions last?
- Do you have to travel to your observing site?
- Any tips on staying awake, or good sleeping habits?
- What advice would you give to someone who's thinking of taking up deep sky?
- What other questions do you think one should ask in an interview like this?
Once you've written up a bio of yourself, e-mail it to us and we'll add it here.
The Bug Report
DOCdb is still in beta-release.
Known issues, feature requests, and updates on bug fixes, are here:
> Bug Report
Found a bug? Have a comment or suggestion to improve DOCdb? Please let us know!
> Contact us
DOCdb is a free online resource that exists to promote deep sky observing.
You could help by sharing your observations, writing an article, digitizing and proof-reading historical material, and more.
> Find out more
Everything on DOCdb.net is © 2004-2010 by Auke Slotegraaf, unless stated otherwise or if you can prove you have divine permission to use it. Before using material published here, please consult the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.5 License. Some material on DOCdb is copyright the individual authors. If in doubt, don't reproduce. And that goes for having children, too. Please note that the recommended browser for DOCdb is Firefox 3.x. You may also get good results with K-Meleon. Good luck if you're using IE. A successful experience with other browsers, including Opera and Safari, may vary.